Tuesday 29 December 2020

My Favourite Reads of 2020

 

Time for another Top Ten Tuesday: Brought to you by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.

My Top Ten Books of 2020

So I didn't have the best reading year, it's been a bit stressful and shitty. I didn't reach my reading goals,  however I did find some books that I just absolutely loved! Special mentions go to the Air Awakens series and the Guild Codex series. Did I finish them? No. Why? Because I'm a doofus, 😂 but they are top of my list for reading next year. These are all 5 star reads for me. Covers link to my reviews.
Check out my Year in Books.

 

                         
                         
                                            
                                    Which books made it to your top ten list this year?
*Editing to add this book. I just finished it and it was amazing! Definitely a new favourite. If you ever wondered how Werewolf Bachelor would go, check it out!
                                                   
                                              Happy holidays, and happy reading! 💗
If you want to keep up to date with my blog, you can follow me on  instagram @iwishiownedabookstore or Goodreads.

22 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed Spinning Silver and The Bear and the Nightingale, they were on my list in previous years!

    My top fantasy this year was Piranesi -- not for everyone, but I just love Susanna Clarke's writing and I was so glad she came back this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! I haven't read that one, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by the blog 😄

      Delete
  2. Spinning Silver and Sorcery of Thorns are awesome, so happy to see these here on your list. And I've read Kova and Annette Marie before (their other works), but these series are new to me -- thanks, I'm adding them to my TBR.
    Happy TTT and Happy 2021 in advance!
    ~My Top 10 Tuesday Post @Lexlingua

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I hope you like their other books, I am loving those series! Happy 2021!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had so many great reads this year!

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you did too!
      Happy Holidays 😄

      Delete
  4. Ah I meant to read Sorcery of Thorns this year and totally didn't get around to it! It's high priority for next year though.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2020/12/29/top-ten-tuesday-296/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read it! It's really good!
      Thanks for visiting my blog 💗

      Delete
  5. I'm glad these books were a highlight of your year. I've heard of many of them, but not read them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you had plenty of good reads this year too 😊

      Delete
  6. What a great set of books! The Bear and the Nightingale has been sitting on my TBR shelf now for a while. Glad to hear it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I loved that one! Can't wait to read the rest of the series (which I got for Christmas 😄)

      Delete
  7. Aw, I'm sorry you didn't have the best reading year, but yay for favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good, next year will be better, and I definitely found some new favourites!

      Delete
  8. I really need to get to Spinning Silver! I picked it up when it came out, and still haven't read it. So glad to see it on your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I loved it. I highly recommend it, especially if you liked Uprooted, as they are similar styles.

      Delete
  9. I should probably pick up Spinning Silver. I see that book everywhere. Have a great 2021!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, Air Awakens and Fire Falling have such striking covers! I love them! I read Sorcery of Thorns this year, too, and really enjoyed it! Here's to hoping 2021 brings lots of good reads for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammie! I love those covers too! Happy new year!

      Delete
  11. I haven't read any of these yet, but I'm excited to read The Bear and the Nightingale. Happy reading to you in 2021! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved The Bear and the Nightingale, I hope you like it! Happy 2021 💗

      Delete