Tuesday 2 February 2021

Review: Wolf Girl by Leia Stone; aka Werewolf Bachelor

Wolf Girl by Leia Stone
(Wolf Girl #1)
My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance

When my parents were banished from Wolf City before I was born, I thought there was no way I would ever live in a pack again. Cuffed, with my shifter magic bound, I was forced to go to school with witches in order to keep my true nature from coming out.

Then I met him.

Sawyer Hudson.

The Alpha's son was visiting Delphi Witches' College and spotted me. He took one look at me, and an hour later, I was being pulled out of school, taken into Wolf City and leaving my parents and everything I knew behind.

It's the Alpha's son's selection year, the year he must pick a mate, and every female aged 18-22 must be in attendance.

I've landed myself in the middle of Werewolf Bachelor, and just when I think I've got a handle on things, Sawyer releases my cuffs, unbinds my magic, and sees what I really am.

The problem is, I don't know what this creature is that I transform into. It's not an ordinary werewolf, that's for damn sure.


What the fuck? Twenty girls to date all year? What was this, Werewolf Bachelor?
(Don't mind the F-bombs lol.) I honestly wasn’t expecting to love werewolf bachelor this much - but wow! It was amazing. I mean, I thought it would be funny, and it was - the sarcasm is on point - but this book was so much more than that. It was emotional and fun and heart-pounding, and I just fell in love with the characters and this book and this world. Just wow. I need more!

I love Demi! She doesn’t take crap from anyone and she doesn’t try to pretend to be anything other than herself - like all the other girls dressing like models to try and impress the alpha’s son. Sawyer is just gorgeous. He is a genuinely nice guy - no alpha-holes here - and I found that really refreshing for a shifter book. Their relationship gets a bit complicated, what with him technically dating every other girl too, but it gave me all the feels and I was so in love with this couple by the end. It made the cliffhanger ending somewhat unbearable. 😂

Sawyer wasn’t the bad boy alpha that I stereotypically thought he would be. He was nice, so fucking nice that I wanted to fight all these bitches for him.

Demi’s love of photography was a nice touch, and fits in really well with the story. The author even made Instagram accounts for the two main characters and it’s so much fun! Don’t forget to check that out after you read the book! Did I mention the awesome best friend Sage? She's awesome!

I don’t want to give spoilers, but there is so much magic going on in this book and I am here for it! Demi is obviously not a normal wolf (see the book’s cover for a clue) and the background for it is just so great. Plus there’s curses, and hybrids, fae and witches, and of course where would we be without douchebag vampires. Like I said, there is so much more to this book than just werewolf bachelor. Leia Stone has such creative flair for creating magical worlds and I absolutely can’t wait for the next installment!

I was finally going to be free. To be a wolf, to shift whenever I wanted … I couldn’t even comprehend such a thing.

Yes there’s a major cliffhanger ending, but I actually loved it! If you’re worried about that, then the second book is coming out soon, don't worry! If you like any sort of Urban Fantasy or shifter books with sweet romance, get in on this!!!

*Trigger warning for a past sexual assault. It’s pretty full on even though it’s in the past, but it has implications for the story and the relationship.

Happy reading!

If you enjoyed this review, follow this blog for updates and find me on Instagram  @iwishiownedabookstore or add me on Goodreads ðŸ’—

1 comment:

  1. Glad you loved this so much! Awesome review! ♡

    ReplyDelete