Tuesday 2 February 2021

Books I've Read That Were Written Before I Was Born

 

Time for another Top Ten Tuesday: Brought to you by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.

Some Old Books I've Read, Oops I Mean Classics

I really don't read many older books. I guess that's partly because I'm really into Urban Fantasy, which is modern. So I really needed to wrack my brains to come up with this list. I do have a few classics on my TBR, but they're not books that I would typically feel like reading at any given time, so unless I'm reading them for a book club or something I probably won't. Here's my list.

My Fiance's Favourite Book



My Mum's Favourite Author


 

Read It For Book Club



Fantasy I Actually Like


 

I Read It Before They Made The Movie!


 

Books I had To Read For School


 

And Of Course a Bunch of Shakespeare


Do you like the classics? Can you suggest any that would be good for a girl who mostly reads Urban Fantasy? Thanks, that would be great!

If you made a Top Ten post this week, share the link below and I'll check it out! 💗

19 comments:

  1. I can't decide whether I want to read Dune yet :D Happy reading! :D My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/books-written-before-i-was-born-the-classics-edition/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to read Dune before the movie comes out this year, start now - it's a long book! 😄

      Delete
  2. I'm crazy about the classics. I wish I could share some titles I know you'd like, but I've never read urban fantasy! I would say that some of my favorite sci fi/fantasy books are The 13 Clocks; The Mouse and His Child; and the Haruki Murakami books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Thanks for the recs, I'm definitely looking those up!

      Delete
  3. Someday I'd like to read Dune.

    I don't have any recommendations for you, but I hope your other commenters will!

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a new Dune movie coming out this year, so you could wait for that if you want 😊 Thanks for visiting the blog!

      Delete
  4. I had to read To Kill A Mockingbird for school as well!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/02/02/top-ten-tuesday-301/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was not my favourite... what did you think of it?

      Delete
  5. I kind of want to read Dune before I watch the new film! I think some Diana Wynne-Jones could be almost urban fantasy-ish? Or Good Omens? (Terry Pratchett/Neil Gaiman)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love Good Omens and all the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett. Have you seen the Good Omens tv show? I really liked it!

      Delete
    2. Not yet, but it looks good - definitely going to watch at some point!

      Delete
  6. I'm not a big classics reader either, but I do love TKAM. It's my favorite book of all time and it's older than I am, so it's on my list today :)

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great that you liked Mockingbird! I suppose when you have to read something for school it loses some of its appeal unfortunately.

      Delete
  7. Oooh! I really need to read Dune too! Great list!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dune is a great book, though it has its flaws. It's a good time to read it with the new movie coming out this year!

      Delete
  8. I really enjoy Jane Austen's work, and I read Lord of the Rings before they made the movie too. :) Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Jane Austen too. I read Emma for school and I actually enjoyed it! Thanks for visiting the blog 💗

      Delete
  9. Great list! I'm planning to re-read Dune this year before the movie comes out -- it's been such a long time since I first read it that I'm sure I've forgotten most of the details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually bought the Dune graphic novel to read as a refresher.

      Delete