Tuesday 26 January 2021

My Top Ten New Favourite Authors I Read In 2020

 

Time for another Top Ten Tuesday: Brought to you by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.
 

New-To-Me Authors I Fell In Love With In 2020

 
  Some of these are debut authors, while others I've been meaning to read for ages and I'm kicking myself for not picking up their books sooner! While I didn't read a lot of books last year, I did manage to read a high proportion of good books, so getting ten authors on this list was easy. I loved them all! Here they are in no particular order, with the books that got me hooked (and a link to my review).

  1. Shelby Mahurin - Serpent & Dove
  2. Luanne G. Smith - The Vine Witch
  3. Margaret Rogerson - Sorcery of Thorns
  4. Pippa Dacosta - Twilight Seeker
  5. Elise Kova - Air Awakens
  6. Jessica Thorne - Mageborn
  7. Katherine Arden - The Bear and the Nightingale
  8. Amelie Wen Zhao - Blood Heir
  9. Michael McClung - The Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braids
  10. Martha Wells - All Systems Red
 
And that's another Top Ten Tuesday! Do you like any of these authors too? Which new authors did you discover last year? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Reading! 💗

You can follow this blog for updates or find me on Instagram @iwishiownedabookstore or add me as a friend on Goodreads

11 comments:

  1. Oooh, I didn't think to add Martha Wells to my list, but she was new to me last year, and I loved Murderbot! I absolutely love the title "The Thief Who Pulled On Trouble's Braid," and I really need to read that!

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's as good as the title sounds! I've just been slack and haven't written my review for it yet. oops

      Delete
  2. I've got Serpent & Dove and Sorcery of Thorns on my TBR! Hopefully I'll be able to read them soon!

    Here's my TTT post: https://bibliosini.com/new-to-me-authors-top-ten-tuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about All Systems Red.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun, and very relatable for introverts!

      Delete
  4. I really need to get to Sorcery of Thorns, I've been meaning to read it for ages. Katherine Arden has been everywhere this week, apparently 2020 was the year of everyone trying her books!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/01/26/top-ten-tuesday-300/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised! I loved it! I hope you enjoy Sorcery of Thorns.

      Delete
  5. I've not heard of any of these authors but that is the fun of this week's list! I hope you can stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2021/01/top-ten-tuesday-2020-new-to-me-authors.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always great to add more good books to the pile! Thanks for stopping by 💗

      Delete