Tuesday 5 May 2020

TTT: Things I'd Have At My Bookish Party

Looks like it's time for another Top Ten Tuesday: Brought to you by That Artsy Reader Girl. If you're participating this week let me know in the comments, I would love to hear what you picked for this weeks theme!



Things I Would Have At My Bookish Party



I love this theme! This is something that I would totally love to do but would never actually do, so thanks Jana for thinking of this!

My first thought for any party is the food, duh, so I will be making cupcakes using recipes from the Cake in a Cup bakery, featured in the book Cupcakes, Trinket and Other Deadly Magic. If you haven't read this book, you definitely should! Recipes by the author here.

“That’s a Vixen in a Cup. Chocolate gingerbread cake with a salted caramel icing.”

Next is drinks. I'll have literary inspired cocktails from my book Tequila Mockingbird.


It’s BYO-Book, obviously, this is an all day readathon, but you can pick from my bookshelves too if you like. I am considering making this a real thing for our book club (my friends made a book club but I don’t think we’ve read a book together in over a year 😄)

There will be lots of couches and bean-bags and comfy cushions with blankets for maximum reading comfort. Basically the party will be held at my dream bookstore/cafe, which is what this blog is named after!

*Literally the cushions on my couch 

Everyone has to wear their favourite bookish t-shirt or accessories, and there will be a prize for the best dressed person! The prize is a book.

NO MOVIES ALLOWED - because the books are better 😉


Party Games! I need a version of trivial pursuit that is just for fantasy books! Is there a harry potter version? I’ll take it!

Of course there is...


Hermione will be there.

You can come too.



Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post you can follow me on Instagram for updates @iwishiownedabookstore or feel free to add me on Goodreads. 💗 Don't forget to tell me in the comments what you would have at your bookish party! I want to steal all your ideas.



15 comments:

  1. Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit, why didn't I think of that????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those cocktails sound good.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh those cupcakes look amazing!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2020/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-262/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'll actually have to try and make them sometime lol

      Delete
  4. All of this looks like fabulous bookish party stuff. I want that dessert now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I linked the recipes, so you can try them if you want to 💗

      Delete
  6. Your couch...is the best. And I love the idea of using Tequila Mockingbird recipes to make the drinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh thankyou! They're basically just standard cocktails with bookish names lol.

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, I want one of those cupcakes NOW. My mouth is watering. They look and sound absolutely delicious. I didn't even think about Tequila Mockingbird, but yes! That would be a lot of fun for bookish drinks. I have HP Trivial Pursuit. It's fun, but not as easy as you'd think, even if you think you're a pretty big HP fan, as I quickly found out. xD

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammie! So good to hear from you. I love your blog, and the new design looks great 💗

      Delete
  8. e idea of literary cocktails! I'll have to try some.

    ReplyDelete