Wednesday 6 May 2020

April Wrap-Up/May TBR

IT'S UPDATE TIME

I'm only a few days late with this, right?

So, during April I had a go at the OWLs Magical Readathon, (an amazing HP themed readathon organised by the lovely Book Roast, and you can find out about it here.)

I actually managed to finish the readathon, yay! I wasn't sure if I would make it. To be fair, I finished a few days late, but then I started about a week late, so I'm counting it! I read a total of 5 books for this challenge, and I managed to complete the requirements for the Magizoologist profession, as well as the Dragon Taming Seminar (which was totally by accident, I didn't expect there to be dragons featuring in that extra book I picked up just for fun).

April Book Reviews: (covers link to my review)



Reviews to Come:



MAY TBR:


There's one new thing that I'm going to be doing on the blog, and that is taking part in The Great Series Read Project, which was started by Realms of My Mind. This is because I have trouble finishing book series, as I am very easily distracted by all the shiny new books. The goal is to finish each series by reading (at least) one book in that series per month. Hence, this will be a very loooong term project, as there are many many book series I have left unfinished, not to mention all the ones I haven't started yet. You will find THE LIST on my new imaginatively named page The Great Series Read Project.

I'll be kicking off with the next books in two series that I am loving right now:


A couple of ARCs I have kicking around:

  

And a new book I bought with a super pretty cover! (by an author that I really like)


I'm trying not to over-commit myself, but considering I'm starting a week late, I probably am. I have also just changed from shift work to normal 9-5 day work (from home of course), so I'm not sure how that will affect my reading. I definitely can't sneakily read at work anymore. Wish me luck!

Thanks for reading! I would love to know what you're reading this month, or if you've read any of these books let me know what you thought in the comments!

If you want to keep up to date with me you can follow me on Insta @iwishiownedabookstore and feel free to add me on Goodreads ðŸ’—


No comments:

Post a Comment