Saturday 2 May 2020

Sparkle Witch by Helen Harper

Sparkle Witch by Helen Harper
The Lazy Girl's Guide to Magic #3.5
My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐

Snow. Santa. Snuggles... Stress.

You would think December would be Ivy's ideal time of year. After all, festivities abound and witches everywhere are encouraged to put their feet up and relax. That's not quite the case when she has various Order members attempting to finagle her into Christmas activities and a special artifact from the top of the Christmas tree goes missing. Either someone is attempting to sabotage Winter or something very strange is afoot indeed.

This is a short holiday novella.


This will be a short review, because it is a very short book. I'll admit, I was hoping for more, because I really loved the original trilogy (reviews to come soon). The series starts with Slouch Witch. This was just a bit of fun, short and sweet. It was a bit cheesy too - I guess I should have read it at Christmas time, but I figured Ivy Wilde is good any time.
"There will be mistletoe. There will be snuggles. There will not be evil witches causing curse-filled mishaps and interrupting our holiday."
There was nowhere near enough Winter for my liking. Ivy definitely did not get to be lazy enough, but she does do a good job of delegating to all the witches who will do just about anything for the 'Ipsissimus' main squeeze', and she does a not so good job of delegating to the ghosts. Yep, the ghosts were still great.  Ivy seemed a bit more silly this time around, well I suppose it is the silly season, and Brutus is up to his usual antics.
"How do I know my cat is plotting to kill me? His damn name is Brutus and he’ll stab me in the back the second I’m not looking."
Overall, I would have liked a bit more from this, it didn’t quite feel the same as the original trilogy, but still fun.

Thanks for reading!

If you enjoyed this review you can follow me on Instagram @iwishiownedabookstore and feel free to add me on Goodreads ðŸ’—

No comments:

Post a Comment